Customer Story: Dog Starts Fire in Home While Owner Is Away

Mary –
Buddy the Dog Starts a Fire

Mary –
Buddy the Dog Starts a Fire

Mary Lou left her house and received a call 5 minutes later. It was ADS calling about her monitored smoke detector. Since it was going off, they had dispatched the fire department. She thought for sure it was a false alarm but turned around anyway. When she returned home, her house was filled with smoke and her dog Buddy was missing. A few minutes after she had left, Buddy jumped up by the stove to retrieve food Mary Lou left on the counter. In doing so, Buddy accidentally turned the stove on. Because items were placed on the stove and the stove was on, a fire started. Thankfully, the monitored smoke detector was able to alert ADS Security about the emergency.

Watch the rest of the video to hear Mary Lou tell the story.

Back to Customer Stories

Customer Portal

Login to review billing information, referral status, and more!