Terms of Service
The ADS Security (“ADS”) website is owned and operated by ADS Security, L.P. The Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) discussed, as follows, apply to all materials, online communications and other information that is or becomes available on the ADS website. By accessing and using the ADS website you agree to abide by these Terms and any modifications thereto. In the event that you do not comply with these Terms, ADS may, at its sole discretion and without notice, block or restrict your access to this website and/or pursue legal action against you for any alleged or actual violation of these Terms.
In connection with the use of the ADS website, you shall abide by all applicable federal, state or local laws, including those pertaining to such areas as libel, slander, defamation, trade libel, product disparagement, harassment, invasion of privacy, tort, obscenity, indecency, and copyright or trademark infringement. The information available on the ADS website may include intellectual property that is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and/or other countries (“Intellectual Property Laws”). Such Intellectual Property Laws generally prohibit the unauthorized reproduction, distribution or exhibition of all text, photographic and graphic (art and electronic) images, and other protected materials. The violation of applicable Intellectual Property Laws may give rise to civil and/or criminal penalties.
The information on the ADS website, including, without limitation, all design, text, images, press releases, and other information, is protected under United States and other copyright laws and is owned by ADS or used under license from the copyright owner. You may download copyrighted material for your personal use only. However, you may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content of the ADS website without ADS’s prior written consent. If you copy or download any information from the ADS website, you agree that you will not remove or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in such information.
Any unauthorized use of any materials on the ADS website may violate copyright laws and other communications regulations and statutes. You are advised that ADS will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights, including the seeking of civil damages, penalties, injunctive relief and, if permissible, criminal prosecution.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively “Trademarks”) displayed on the ADS website are trademarks of ADS. Unauthorized use of any of the Trademarks is strictly prohibited and nothing contained on the ADS website should be construed as granting you any license or right to use any of the Trademarks for any purpose without ADS’s prior written consent. Any unauthorized use of any materials on the ADS website may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes. You are advised that ADS will aggressively protect its Trademarks to the fullest extent of the law.
These Terms may be modified by ADS from time to time and any future modifications will be binding on you immediately upon posting.
The policy below outlines the ADS Security (ADS) website disclaimer of warranties, damages, and release and indemnity.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The ADS website is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation warranties of title, non-infringement, or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither ADS nor its affiliates warrant that any information is complete or accurate, that the ADS website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that any information is free of rogue programming.
Limitation of Damages
Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall ADS or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that may result from the use or inability to use the ADS website, including without limitation use of or reliance on information available on the ADS website, interruptions, errors, defects, mistakes, omissions, deletions of files, delays in operation or transmission, non-delivery of information, disclosure of communications, or any other failure of performance. ADS specifically disavows legal responsibility for what you may find on websites external to the ADS website, or for personal opinions of individuals posted on this or any website, whether or not sponsored by ADS, established for the purpose of permitting free exchange of personal opinions or discussion.
Release and Indemnity
You hereby release and waive any and all claims and/or liability against ADS and/or affiliates arising from or in connection with your use of the ADS website. You also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, ADS and affiliates, from and against, any and all claims or liability, including costs and attorneys fees, arising from or in connection with your use of the ADS website or failure to abide by applicable law.
The ADS website provides links to other websites only for your convenience, and is not responsible for the availability or content of these third party websites, nor does ADS endorse, warrant or guarantee any products, services or information described or offered at such websites. Further, your use of any third party websites is at your own risk and governed by the terms and policies of those websites.
These Disclaimers may be modified by ADS from time to time and any future modifications will be effective immediately upon posting.
Personal Information We May Collect:
Depending on how you use our Site and Services, we may collect the following:
Personal Information You Provide:
- Name and/or business name;
- Home address and/or business address;
- Home, business, and/or mobile telephone number;
- Email address;
- Credit card information, debit card information, electronic funds transfer (“EFT”) information, and/or automated clearing house (“ACH”) information, or other payment account number and related information;
- Date of birth;
- Social Security number or Federal Tax ID;
- Emergency contact information that may include personal information of others;
- Information related to Services provided to you; and,
- Customer and/or business relationship information.
Data Collected Online:
- Services Usage Data: data gathered by the operation of the Services, for example, when we receive a signal from your system and send an alert to you or when you arm/disarm your system, establish or modify a setting, or respond to an alert;
- Transaction Data: when, where and how a transaction takes place, including but not limited to, the devices and payment methods used;
- User Data: browser data, Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, date and time of access, other websites visited and other data describing user engagement with our Site and approximate user location;
- Device Data: hardware model, operating system, unique device identifiers, and mobile network data as well as other data generated by a device’s interaction with our Services;
- Cookie Data: small data files stored on your computer or mobile device to enable functionality, remember your login credentials, and collect data about your usage of our Site and other internet activities; and
- Metadata, Log Data, and Other Internet Technologies: we use these technologies on our Site and use emails to deliver cookies, enable personalized online advertising, and measure user engagement.
Please note that you can restrict some online collection of user, device, and tracking data collected using cookies and other internet technologies. See “Choices about the Use of Your Personal Information.”
- Publicly available databases and privately-maintained marketing and data analytics resources: demographic information (age, sex, household income, job industry, and job title).
The Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- Establish and maintain your ADS account and our business relations with you;
- Provide you with Services;
- Process your payments for Services;
- Respond to your comments and requests;
- Review the Services that we provide to you, improving and developing new Services;
- Inform you about additional Services that may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing material from ADS;
- Manage our Site and Services and assess feedback so that we present information in a user-friendly way;
- Develop demographic information for research and marketing purposes;
- Enable third-party advertisers and ad servers to deliver ADS advertisements on other websites you visit unless you take steps to restrict this form of advertising as explained under “Choices About Your Personal Information;”
- Protect ADS and our customers against error, fraud, theft and damage to our goods and property; and
- Comply with applicable law or regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We allow authorized third parties to access your personal information when there is a legitimate business reason to do so. Third parties with access to personal information are authorized to use the personal information as necessary to provide services to us and, at a minimum, are required to protect the confidentiality of that personal information as required by legal or professional obligations (except for Authorities, as defined below). Third parties who may have access to your personal information include:
- Law enforcement, fire service personnel, emergency personnel, local jurisdictions, and other government authorities (collectively, “Authorities”) when providing our Services;
- Business partners and subcontractors that provide certain customer services on our behalf (see “Third-Party Websites, Social Media and Links”);
- Service providers who provide administrative and information technology support functions on our behalf such as hosted applications, IT services, e-mail marketing, online ad-serving, and collection agencies;
- Billing and payment processors who process payments on our behalf that are made using the ADS online payment portal;
- ADS’s affiliates and subsidiaries as part of ADS’s regular reporting of aggregated, statistical data without identifying individual customers;
- Insurance companies or data exchange administrators who request information from ADS to confirm your subscription to Services for purposes of evaluating homeowners’ insurance;
- Local jurisdictions for licensing or other permit purposes;
- Government and law enforcement when reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, and governmental requests;
- Investigators and others when reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Site, Services, or customers; and
- Transaction parties, in connection with a business or financial transaction, such as financing, acquisition, merger, divestiture, or sale of assets.
Choices about the Use of Your Personal Information
- Cookies: You can set your browser or device to reject cookies and other technologies, but note that some aspects of our Site and Services may not function properly with this setting.
- E-mail Marketing: You can opt-out of marketing email messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in these messages. If you opt-out of marketing e-mail messages we may still send you messages regarding transactions and other matters related to our ongoing business relationship with you.
- Notifications: Our Services may ask you for permission to send notifications to your mobile device. Our Services will still work if you do not grant us permission to send you notifications.
- Website Tracking: You may purchase a utility from an independent software provider that you install on your computer browser to limit tracking of your browsing activity.
Safeguarding Personal Information
ADS uses reasonable technical, operational, and administrative measures to safeguard your personal information in a manner that is commensurate with the sensitivity of such personal information. Unfortunately, no form of storage or transmission is completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your personal information has been compromised as a result of the Site or Services, please contact us immediately as set forth below under “Contact Information.”
We additionally want to remind you that email is not secure against interception. In the event that you submit credit card or debit card information and/or EFT/ACH information, please do not provide such information via unsecured e-mail, general fax, or general voicemail. Below are more secure methods for you to provide credit or debit card information and/or EFT/ACH information:
(i) Through our secure payment portal available at my.adssecurity.com;
(ii) Speak live with an ADS Security representative; or
(iii) Provide via encrypted email.
ADS strongly encourages consumers and other customers with access to the payment portal identified in (i) above to make payment(s) through such payment portal. For further information about ADS’s safeguarding of credit card or debit card, electronic funds transfer, and automated clearing house transactions, please contact us as set forth below under “Contact Information.”
You are responsible for choosing a secure username and password when you set up a payment portal account and should take precautions to keep your username and password confidential. Some precautions include, among others: (1) choosing a password that you do not use on any other online account; (2) not sharing your payment portal password with anyone, including anyone who claims to work for us; (3) changing your password from time to time; and (4) protecting your computer and mobile devices against unauthorized access.
Accuracy and Accessing Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information ADS holds about you is accurate and current. You are responsible for informing ADS of changes to such information. You can update or correct your emergency contact list by contacting our Customer Care Department or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. You can update or correct your billing information by contacting your local ADS branch office or by contacting our Customer Care Department. For other account changes, please contact your local ADS branch office. If you do not know your local ADS branch office please visit adssecurity.com/locations to search by zip code or click on the Locations tab at the bottom of the web page to view a list of all ADS offices. We will make reasonable efforts to modify your information promptly in our records.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information as long as your customer account is active; as needed to provide you with access to the payment portal; as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to implement our document retention policy, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and for marketing purposes.
Third-Party Websites, Social Media and Links
ADS Security, LLC
3001 Armory Dr., Suite 100
Nashville, TN 37204
All alarm companies that install, monitor, service, or respond to alarm systems are required to be licensed by the state in which they operate. In order for an alarm company to seek licensure, they must have a Qualifying Agent who has passed rigorous licensing examination.
In addition, each individual applicant, partner, or corporate officer must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or older
- Undergo a criminal history background check through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Have committed no offense or violation of the Alarm Company Act that would be grounds for license suspension or revocation
ADS proudly upholds these high industry standards and holds licenses in the following states:
0001, 072, 073, 080, 094, 1562, 0231, 6998, 0273, 0299, 0625, 0629, S-47409
EG0000097, EF20000867, 17582-0001-2008, 217434-0001-2011, EF20000960
LVA205166, LVU205838, LVU406710, LVA206037, LVA206076
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
BAC.13696, BAC.13626, FAC.13663, FAC.3321, BAC.5181, BAC.13777, FAC.13731, FAC.13633, BAC.13780, FAC.13733
LV00599, LV00511, 183, 685, 1417, 1571, 1951
State of Alabama Notice. If Customer is a resident of the State of Alabama, complaints may be directed to The Executive Director, The Alabama ElectronicSecurity Board of Licensure, 7956 Vaughn Road, Suite 392, Montgomery, AL 36116. Customer may also call (334) 264-9388 or fax to (334) 264-9332.
North Carolina Contact Information. North Carolina Alarm Systems Licensing Board, 3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 104, Raleigh, NC 27609, Telephone Number(919) 788-5320.