- 3 out of 5 home fire deaths happen in homes with no working smoke alarms
- On average, 7 people die in a U.S. home fire per day
- Cooking is the leading cause of home fire injuries. Heating equipment is second.
- Working smoke alarms cut the risk of dying in reported home fires in half.
- Only 1/3 of Americans have both developed AND practiced their home fire escape plan
- 36 people per day suffer injuries from fires
- Each year over $7 billion in damages to property is reported due to fire
- To view more fire facts visit the National Fire Prevention Association Website
Join ADS and the American Red Cross as we Sound The Alarm on Fire Safety. Our goal is to install 100,000 Smoke Detectors in at risk homes in communities across the United States. You can also donate to the ADS/Red Cross Fire Safety Fundraiser. Every $15 Donation = 1 smoke alarm and fire safety training.